Few organizations have a business need that supports a full time Chief Information Security Officer. For those organizations that occasionally or periodically need to consult an expert, an Aspis Virtual CISO (vCISO) solution is the ideal answer.
Small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) and non-profits can benefit the most from a vCISO by supplementing the existing management team or as an interim solution. These organizations have highly capable people who deliver the mission of the business but may not have the necessary experience to effectively develop a cybersecurity strategy or navigate regulatory requirements.
An Aspis vCISO provides an extra resource that can help you and your organization achieve many objectives:
- Develop information security strategic plans.
- Create policies, standards, guides and procedures.
- Create training and awareness materials and presentations.
- Guide and advise internal assessments.
- Facilitate and monitor independent audits and assessments.
- Recruit information security talent.
- Provide a stop gap while between CISOs.
- Advise on solution, service and tool procurement.
- Develop foundations for legal and regulatory compliance.
- Develop program communications materials.
- Create a program maturity roadmap.